Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

Some of my favourite nights are spent curled up on the couch with Rich... He watches the Blue Jays game, and I read a book. (Occasionally looking up to catch a homerun or replay that I "have to see!!!") ... But mostly, I get so "in the zone" that I don't even hear the cheers coming from just below where my head rests on his chest.

This is what happened last night as I began to dive into City of Ashes.

He'd tormented her as well, in small and petty ways at first, pinching her where the bruises wouldn't show, switching the shampoo in her bottle for bleach.  She'd gone to her parents but they hadn't believed her. No one had, looking at Daniel; they'd confused beauty with innocence and harmlessness.
(City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, pg. 27)



No comments: