Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Teaser

I nearly forgot about today's post thinking that today was Monday, not Tuesday. Long weekends have a tendency to play with my mind like that. But who's complaining? I'm now one day closer to Friday, and after a great and busy long weekend, I may not be rested, but I'm feeling pretty pleased to have gotten so much reading done over my holiday. There's no better way to survive cottage traffic than opening a good book (and of course, turning on sports talk radio to entertain my driver).

"Adjust. Yeah, I can adjust." His face darkened, his eyes glinted. "But I'm not the only one who's going to." He waited an hour, decided he'd calmed down, steadied up. He walked over to Vesta in the unrelenting rain, and into the warm, into the scents of sauce and spice.
(The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts, pg. 282)

By this time next week I'll be quoting a new book! What are you reading?


No comments: